The following are the top ten events of 2010 most impacting our future. Thus, though some may also be the biggest stories of 2010, that’s not necessarily the case with all. Feel free to share your thoughts.
10) IPAD released on April 3, 2010;
9) The 7.0-magnitude Haitian Earthquake on January 12, 2010 kills over 230,000 people;
8) On April 2, 2010 the Deepwater Horizon oil platform explodes in the Gulf of Mexico killing eleven workers;
7) President Obama signed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act on March 23, 2010;
6) The last brigade of frontline American troops departed Iraq for Kuwait on August 19, 2010 marking the end of US combat operations;
5) In May 2010, the Taliban launch accelerated attacks on International Security Assistance Forces (ISAF) and Afghan government forces calling into question the success of the “Afghan Surge”;
4) On December 17, 2010, Venezuela’s parliament gave President Hugo Chavez decree powers for 18 months, making him a dictator;
3) The economy: lag in US job growth, state and federal budget deficits, and Greek and Irish meltdowns;
2) US political unrest and the Republican takeover of Congress;
1) WIKI Leaks July 25, 2010 & November 28, 2010.