Finally, a reporter actually visited Hawaii’s Department of Health building to gather facts regarding President Obama’s birth. See AP: Obama born in Hawaii but here’s the gist:
- In 2008 then candidate Barack Obama released to the public his certification of live birth in 2008, which he obtained from Hawaii’s Health Department. Anyone can request said copy but for your convenience, see:
- The only type of birth certificate the state issues is this form of birth certificate. It does not release the long-form version to anyone. However, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, the state’s former health director has publicly confirmed the existence of Obama’s original long-form birth record.
- Highlighted in yellow on page 1,218 of a thick binder belonging to Hawaii’s Department of Health is the computer-generated listing for a boy named Barack Hussein Obama II born in Hawaii, surrounded by the alphabetized last names of all other children born in-state between 1960 and 1964.
- Newspaper birth announcements appeared in both The Honolulu Advertiser and The Honolulu Star-Bulletin in the weeks after he was born. See one such announcements:
- Now I understand that if one doesn’t believe Obama was born in the US that none of this will change their minds. It would be nice if they stopped trying to change mine.